Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Follow the Good, Beautiful, and True

  Royalty is how we live compared to our ancestors. Which, is why we now depend on material items and governments to save us. Reading Matthew 19 this week has revealed a few things to me about myself and the world around me. Far too often I am focused on making the temporary better, and that isn't necessarily bad. However, my focus is infrequently set upon the eternal.  In some ways, I see a parallel between me and the rich man in Verses 16-22, By no means am I rich, but I tend to misplace my trust. Times like these it is easy to do. We must remember that life here matters and it has effects we don't yet realize. That is why being in the world and not of it is essential for salvation. Unfortunately, most only care about the short term. Few will follow the good, beautiful, and true till the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment